Do you recognize the following challenge?
"The solution fulfils the requirements, but the customer and the end users are not satisfied"
- How can we know and ensure that the solution fulfils the real needs and is perceived valuable?
- How can we ensure a satisfied end user and that the solution is useful?
In this course you will learn how Business Analysis knowledge areas, techniques and best practices can help to
After the course you will:
- Know what Business Analysis is
- Understand the role of the Business Analyst.
- Know how to perform better business analysis, and with focus on Value creation
- Understand how Agile methods integrates with Business Analysis
- Have practiced Business Analysis tools.
- Have ideas (a plan) on how to apply what has been learned
- Business Analysts
- Project and Program Managers
- Sponsors and Account Managers
- Solution Architects and Technical Coordinators
- Product Owners, Product Managers
- Core 3 Team members
- Business Consultants
- Project Management 3.0
- Business Analysis Fundamentals and process
- The IIBA® BACCM® Model.
- Business Analysis Knowledge Areas:, Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring, Elicitation and Collaboration, Requirements Life Cycle Management, Strategy Analysis, Requirements Analysis and Design Definition and Solution Evaluation
- Business Analysis Techniques like for example SWOT, Business Case, Customer Benefits Driven Management, Business Canvas and LEAN Start Up
- Agile concepts
- Underlying competencies
- Case-studies and exercises integrated with the theory
- How to apply
The content is based on BABOK V3 from IIBA, Business Analysis for Practitioners – A Practice Guide from PMI, GPMM® 3.0 and other real hands-on experience.