GPMM 3.0 for Project Managers - VCT*
* VCT = Virtual Classroom Training
In this course you will learn to become a better Project Manager (PM).
Companies need PMs who know how to apply and make the best use of recognized best practices in the daily management of projects, to ensure that the projects meet their goals.
Using a common model is key to this goal. Here you will explore the GPMM Model and how it helps you create a common outlook and clarity in your project.
Apart from the actual Project Management, this course goes one step further, by also covering how to ensure a smooth and efficient collaboration between the project and the surrounding elements in the organization, such as Project Sponsorship, Governance, PMO and Functional Areas.
After the course you will:
• Have better knowledge of the project work form and the importance of a common project culture.
• Understand the project manager’s role in a multi-project organization.
• Be able to take responsibility for all aspects of a project to ensure its successful conclusion meeting the goals.
• Be able to use the GPMM Project Management Model.
Anyone working or involved in Projects, eg:
• Project Managers
• Project Sponsors
• Functional Managers
• Program and Portfolio Managers
• Project Office (PMO) Managers
• GPMM overview
• Projects and Project Categories in a multi-project organization
• Key Roles and Responsibilities
• The Sponsor and Project Governance
• Business Analysis – Requirement Classification
• The 10 + 1 knowledge areas
• The Tollgate Decision Model
• Earned value techniques
• Related elements: PMO, Program and Portfolio Mgmt, Agile techniques
• Exercises based on real-life situations in projects.
• Documentation and support